Welcome to Art Class!
In Art Class the student will:
- develop critical and creative thinking skills and perceptual awareness necessary for understanding and producing art
- develop skills necessary for understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
- organize the components of a work into a cohesive whole through knowledge of organizational principles of design and art elements
- choose and evaluate a range of subject matter and ideas to communicate intended meaning in artworks
- understand the visual arts in relation to history and cultures
- reflect upon and assess the characteristics and merits of his/her own work and the work of others
- perceive connections between visual arts and others disciplines
- develop an awareness of art as an avocation and profession
"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."