At St. Leo Catholic School Innovative Technology is taught in Prekindergarten through eighth grade. Our curriculum is focused on students gaining age-appropriate technology skills and knowledge. The specific skills we work on be grade are as follows:
- Prekindergarten focuses on getting comfortable with the mouse, keyboard, letters, and numbers. We use games and bible verses to gain the necessary skills and knowledge. We also learn the parts of the computer.
- Kindergarten also focuses on getting comfortable with the mouse and keyboard. In Kindergarten, we type bible verses to reinforce where the letters are on the keyboard. We use games to gain the necessary skills and knowledge. We learn how to click the mouse and double click.
- 1st grade focuses on the letters on the keyboard. We use bible verses to find and remember the letters. We use games to practice our mouse skills by clicking and double clicking. We learn about Internet Safety as well.
- 2nd grade focuses on the letters as well by typing bible verses. We also learn how to log onto the computer and how to type a web address to go to different websites. We continue to use games to practice our skills on the mouse and keyboard.
- 3rd grade focuses on learning about Internet Safety, correct positioning of the fingers on the keyboard, as well as getting to the websites on our own. Learning how to type correctly is tough but we have a great time learning. We also start learning the basics of Microsoft Word.
- 4th grade focuses on typing skills and Microsoft PowerPoint. We continue to work on our typing skills to have great accuracy through lots of practice. Also, we learn the basics of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- 5th grade focuses on typing skills and Microsoft Excel. We work on keeping our typing skills sharp along with learning the basics of Microsoft Excel.