- COVID Symptom Screening Wavier
- St. Leo Catholic School 2020-2021 COVID Plan
- COVID-19 Parent Education
- Task Team Update
- Letter From Dr. Monroe, Diocese of Charlotte Superintendent of Schools (07/31/2020)
- 20-21 St. Leo Health Guide
We continue to pray for during these extraordinary times and we look forward to fully returning to campus in August. We here at St. Leo Catholic School understand how concerned parents are for the health and safety of their families. We believe the faith, growth, social interaction and synchronous learning that happens when our students are together is essential. Plan A, which is what we are implementing in August, allows us to open our school to all St. Leo students.
The Diocese of Charlotte stated, the mission and needs of Catholic schools do differ from our public school brothers and sisters. We will review and seek to adhere as closely as possible to guidance provided from the North Carolina Department of Education for public schools, but we look to these as recommendations. Please be assured that we will open in a manner that is most conducive to the particular needs of our school community within the parameters of public health standards set forth by the CDC (click here for CDC Site) and state and local health officials.
We at St. Leo are committed to the following priorities in our plan:
- Safe Schools – Providing school environments conducive to learning that take into account appropriate social distancing, best practices in sanitization, the emotional needs of our students and families, and continued education in good hygiene.
- Academic Excellence in Schools - Keeping our school physically open as much as possible because this supports our parents, provides consistent schedules, maximizes the highest quality instruction, and delivers a program that ensures holistic progress for our students.
- Mission-connected Schools - Providing tangible expressions of the Catholic faith to our students that advance our mission of preserving school traditions and charisms in physical and remote environments, ensuring liturgical celebrations and strong connections to the faith community, and advancing our emphasis on integrating our Catholic faith in all aspects of school life.
Parents and guardians are the primary educators of our children, and we at St. Leo's value the collaboration and the trust bestowed on us. We will continue to deliver an unmatched education where our priority is placed on the interactions between students, their faculty, and each other, and the continued spiritual growth of every member of our school family.