Process and Overview
Welcome to St. Leo Catholic School! We are thrilled you are interested in learning more about our application process. We encourage students of all faiths and backgrounds to apply. We have students apply at all grade levels.
First step is to fill out an application. There is a $75 non-refundable application fee for each student who applies. To be considered for financial assistance, you need to have an application on file and be accepted to the school.
We accept applications on a rolling basis. Acceptance Letters and Wait List Notifications are sent out in February so every family who has applied is aware of their status. To be officially enrolled and to hold a student's spot, each accepted student pays a $150 Acceptance Fee.
After acceptance, each student is required to be screened by ABC Educational. The form (click here) and payment should be sent directly to ABC. After receiving form and payment, ABC will schedule the screening. Currently, ABC will be scheduled to be at St. Leo's on Feb. 12th and March 25th, 2020.
Priority placement is given to students according to the following classifications:
- Students currently attending the school
- Catholic siblings of students currently attending the school, including:
- Catholic students currently attending the school
- Catholic students who had attended the school and currently attend the regional High School
- Children of employees in that particular parish or regional school
- Members of the parish of the school
- Members of a parish that does not have a school
- Siblings of Non‐Catholic students currently attending the school
- Members of a parish that does have a school, but the student has applied for another school
- Children of Non‐Participating parishioners or Non‐Catholic
Statement of Non‐Discrimination
Schools in the Diocese of Charlotte,mindful of their primary mission as effective instruments of the educational ministry of the Church and witnesses to the love of Christ for all persons,shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in the employment of personnel or administration of educational policies, admission policies, loan programs, athletic and other school administered programs.
Age and Registration Requisites
Children must be five years old by August 31 to enter kindergarten. All new students must present birth certificates as well as a complete record of immunizations. New Catholic students must present a Baptismal certificate. All new students are required to have a physical examination and return the School Medical Report to the school office prior to school opening or admission.
Please see the immunizations required by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services for all Kindergarten and Seventh Grade students. All students at St. Leo Catholic School must have the state-required vaccinations.