Thank you for considering St. Leo Catholic School’s Pre-kindergarten program. Our program will offer an academically-focused curriculum which is further enhanced with computer/technology introduction, guidance, library, art, Spanish and music.
The Curriculum will include:
- Touch Math
- Zoo Phonics
- Our Sunday Visitor (I am Special)
Mrs. Carolyn DeBruhl is our lead pre-k teacher and she also has two pre-k assistants.
- Mrs. DeBruhl has a B.A. in Sociology with a minor in Spanish from Clemson University as well as a Master's degree in Social Work from University of South Carolina.
- Mrs. DeBruhl was the lead preschool teacher at St. Gabriel Catholic school in Charlotte from 2013-2020.
- Before St. Gabriel, Mrs. DeBruhl was a Direct Assistance Social Worker for the Diocese of Charlotte.
The Pre-K Program is located in the Parish Center.
Understanding that parents are looking for flexibility in addition to a quality education for their children, we are pleased to offer the following program:
A 5-day full or half day program. Pre-K will begin on Monday, August 28, 2023 and the last day of school for Pre-K will be Friday, May 24, 2024. The day starts at 8:30 am and ends at 11:30 am for half day students and ends at 2:30 pm for full day students.
- Our Lunch Bunch program will be offered on Mondays through Friday for our half day students. The cost is $5 from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm per day. Students bring a packed lunch to eat at school.
- Full day students will be able to participate in the hot lunch program at St. Leo.
Extended Day Options:
- Before School Care starts at 7:15 AM, students are dropped off at the front of the school. Cost is $2 per day per child when used.
- After School Care is from dismissal until 6:00 PM. Part Time is until 4:30 PM, Full Time is until 6:00 PM.
- Families who have an elementary or middle school student in the school, have the opportunity to drop off their pre-k student at the same time.